As part of the Progress Galveston initiative, a series of Specialized Plans are being prepared. These plans are designed to support the policies and guidance of the Comprehensive Plan and ensure City actions are consistent with federal and state regulations. The following plans will be completed (click on link for more information):
- Parks, Recreation & Open Space Master Plan
- Historic Preservation Plan & Design Standards
- Erosion Response Plan
- Thoroughfare Plan
- Disaster Recovery Plan
- Sustainability Plan
The Specialized Plans will be prepared in two phases during 2011-2012 in coordination with the completion of the 2011 Comprehensive Plan update and the Land Development Regulations update and rewrite.
The first phase of planning occurred between summer 2011 and spring 2012 when three of the Specialized Plans were completed (clink on link for adopted plan):
- Parks, Recreation & Open Space Master Plan (adopted by City Council March 22, 2012)
- Historic Preservation Plan (adopted by City Council May 10, 2012) & Design Standards for Historic Properties (adopted by Landmark Commission on April 16, 2012)
- Erosion Response Plan (adopted by City Council April 12, 2012)
The second phase of planning started in the summer 2012 and will continue through spring 2013. In October 2012, the City completed work on the Thoroughfare Plan (adopted by City Council October 13, 2012) and continues work on the Disaster Recovery Plan and Sustainability Plan. Drafts will be posted to the Documents section of the site as they are released for review.